How to Elevate your Meditation
Learning the techniques of mindfulness is one of the strongest methods for improving your focus and clarity when practicing the art of meditation. Mindfulness for meditation requires practice, patience, and time. Your thoughts may wander several times during meditation just try to shift your focus back to your breathing. Meditation is an art and takes time to master.
Essential Oils are one way to help you through the practice as the oils infuse with the molecules of the air and drift into your consciousness to reach your subconscious level and help you relax and increase your present awareness. Try this trio separately or together to create your perfect zen blend.
Frankincense oil is sourced from the Frankincense tree, it carries a potent woody, earthy, and spicy aroma, which is comforting and is believed to help strengthen the respiratory system. What makes it good mindfulness: the oil contains properties that help reduce feelings of anxiety and stimulate the immune system. Furthermore, it can help eliminate surface and airborne bacteria. 2. Sandalwood Sandalwood comes from various types of sandalwood trees 🌳 of the genus Santalum. Often used as an ingredient in perfumes and cosmetic products because of its fragrance, there are also food-grade versions for chocolates and candies. What makes it good mindfulness: the oil is believed to help create physical and mental disorders such as anxiety. When used for aromatherapy, it transmits messages to a part of the brain that is involved in controlling emotions. 3. Palo Santo Palo Santo is a mystical tree that grows on the coast of South America. Traditionally, it is used to relieve common colds, flu symptoms, asthma, and headaches. What makes it good for mindfulness: the oil is great to calm the immune and nervous systems. It also helps with anxiety along with physical pain. Additionally, it promotes feelings of being grounded and calm. Any of these oils can be diffused, used for anointing candles, or placed in a "mojo" bag of herbs. Want to try self-guided meditation? Here's a simple method. Feel free to change up anything that doesn't resonate with you.
1. Find a comfortable spot in your home or outdoors.
2. Make sure your clothing is loose and not constricting so that your mind doesn't wander to your physical discomforts.
3. Your sacred setting can be created with anything that has meaning to you. If you hold dear a token, amulet, piece of jewelry, picture, candles, crystals then follow your inner guidance. Those objects that call you are the ones that help you achieve your inner peace.
4. If others are around I have found placing a sign that says Do not come in-Meditation in progress comes in handy so that your disruption-free. Remove electronic devices except for a timer if you want to limit your session to just a few minutes. Meditation tends to be very relaxing and don't be surprised if you fall asleep.
5. For Self -Guided I use a singing bowl to set the tone but if you're just starting out you can use a youtube to find singing bowl chimes.
6. The last step takes 3 deep cleansing breaths and just relax sitting or laying back.
7. Pay careful attention to the smells, sounds, feelings of your newfound awareness.
Now open your eyes and welcome to your new world.